Family Prep Guide
In preparation for the shoot, below are a few tips:
1. All women and girls who are planning on cutting and/or coloring their hair, should do so about 7 to 10 days prior to the shoot.
2. All men and boys, who are planning to cut their hair, please do so about 5 to 7 days prior to the shoot.
3. On the day of, please make sure that your child is well rested, their nap is taken and they are well fed. I've found that a photo shoot is a bit out of the norm for kids in general so setting them up for success is key. Be sure to bring snacks and/or their favorite toy in case they need it.
4. Props: If there are any props you would like incorporated into the shoot, please bring those: blankets, favorite toys, or anything meaningful to you and your family.
What to wear:
1. Wear colors and clothes that you will feel comfortable in during the shoot. Nothing you will feel that you would need to adjust regularly during the shoot if it doesn’t fit right. The more comfortable you and your family are, the more confident you will be and the better the photos will turn out. To the right, you will see a few color schemes by season. You can steer away from these colors if you don’t wear these colors in general. The key here is that everyone feels comfortable with what they are wearing.
2. Don’t wear any crazy patterns or any thin stripes, they tend to photograph oddly.
3. Make sure you and your family does not wear matching clothes, we want complementary coloring as it adds great composition to the photos.
4. Lastly, when in doubt, don’t hesitate to send me any outfit questions you may have. Simply take a picture of the outfits and email it to me and I am more than happy to provide some guidance.